We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join SpineEX to develop our minimally invasive spinal products. You’ll use your creativity to find solutions to all the tasks we require to meet FDA regulatory requirements. You’ll take ownership of your designs from concept to commercialization by prototyping, validating, discussing with suppliers, creating assembly fixtures, and supporting pilot builds with reliability and manufacturability in mind.
Job Duties and Tasks for:
1) Proficient in SolidWorks.
2) Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
3) Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
4) Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
5) Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
6) Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
7) Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that products / machines / equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
8) Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
9) Recommend design modifications to eliminate product or machine or system malfunctions.
10) Experience with Design and Manufacturing FMEA.
11) Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) – minimum and Maximum analysis.
12) Experience with Design Control according to FDA requirements.
13) Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
14) Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
15) Perform personnel functions, such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, and design of evaluation programs.
16) Solicit new suppliers and work with them to achieve engineering or manufacturing objectives.
Education and Job Experience:
17) Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Master degree is a plus.
18) 2-5 years industry experience in using Solidworks for mechanical design engineering.